A list of organizations from Disordered Cosmos:
- The Haiti Emergency Relief Fund is organized by Haitian and American social justice and civil rights activists.
- Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti comes recommended by Haitians who do social justice work at home.
- The Lambi Fund is recommended to me by a Haitian friend and is also supported by Haitian-American writer Edwidge Danticat.
- Medecins sans Frontieres aka Doctors Without Borders does a great job of minimizing the money spent on overhead. They have a large operation in Haiti, especially in Port-au-Prince. One of their facilities, the only free surgical facility in the city, has collapsed.
- Partners in Health does good social justice work in Haiti and on behalf of poor people. They are in the process of dispatching more doctors to Haiti and can use your support.
Los Angeles Efforts:
The Los Angeles Fire Department Search And Rescue team, a partner of USAID is sending out a team today.
SOS Haiti Children's Village is accepting donations of food, water, and clothing at:
5440 N Tujunga Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Let us all do as much as we can, however small the act might seem.