Monday, March 8, 2010

Got A Free 5-Day Metro Pass

I'm not sure why or how, but a form came in the mail with the offer and I filled it out and returned it. My pass came a few days ago. I wonder whether they'll be tracking users anonymously... or not. Hmm. I'm not paranoid, really. Not really.



Anyway, unlimited Metro use for five days! Free is good. Now to figure out when the best time to use it would be... If it's sunny this weekend, maybe I'll use it to go to Saturday's International Women's Day Mother's March, starting at 4th Street near Shatto Place at 11AM and ending at MacArthur Park. If not then, there's also One Imagination's Break The Silence Open Mic on March 25th in the opposite direction on the Blue Line.

Ah, the possibilities.

The last time I rode Metro was to go to Cort Guitar Workers Night of Guitars concert in Koreatown back in January. I'm about due to ride again.

Strange to think about how, at this time last year, I was still car-free and waiting in the rain for the Metro 128 somewhere between Bellflower and Compton, getting soaked to the skin because I'd forgotten my oh-so-sexy plastic poncho. Now I only ride on special occasions and when I happen to get a free pass in the mail. Privilege tastes funny.

I wonder how many folks who could really use a free pass actually got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment