Friday, May 4, 2012

Orange Line Extension & Hopes for a Kinder Commute to Stoney

Credit: Zocalo Public Square
The title of the guidebook for Stoney Point is Urban Rock, and I've been considering the prospect of taking public transit to Stoney for late afternoon boulderning this summer when I'll no longer be able to afford my (already-reduced-price) membership to Hangar 18. The thing is, right now, it looks like it would take me a minimum of 2.5 hours to get there, which means that I'd be better off sleeping amongst the rocks than trying to find my way home before dawn.

Earlier this week, however, I saw on the Metro website that a new Orange Line extension will stretch to the Chatsworth Metrolink station. This may mean the possibility of post-work bouldering sessions is a little bit more feasible, which may bring me ever closer to being able to getting comfortable with trying to go climbing without a car. It would be so great to be able to do this for a couple of hours after work. Hooray, LA.