Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cheaper than Flying to Chicago // Soul at The Mint

It's hard to believe this is my fifth year puttering around on this blog. I didn't talk much about the part of 2009 that I spent in transition between various cities, but life has a way of bringing us back to things we've left. I received an email yesterday that brought me back to a memory from that period.

Once upon a time, I spent 48 hours in Chicago, of which I spent only 8 sleeping.

JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound were part of that wonderful 40 hours that I spent awake, and they'll be playing tonight at The Mint, a cool spot where I went to see Flying Platforms last year
Goodness. Chicago. 01/23/09
I won't be able to make the show tonight, but you should, if you like soul music. Listen and you'll agree. 

One thing you can't get, though, is the experience of having a Jim's Original Polish sausage sandwich in a warm car after the show while cold wind whips the snow around outside. You'll have to get yourself to Chicago for that. You won't be sorry. 
Sausage goodness. Chicago 01/24/09
Well, if you have a weak stomach for late-night indulgence, you might, but it will probably be worth it.

Funny how just when you are preparing to move toward the new, the past comes back and nudges you for attention. I think it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment