Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ruminations about LA

I wanted to write at least one more post for 2009, but it was not to be. I am a blogging slacker.


Though I am now a resident of Long Beach, this blog must go on. And I'm going to go on talking about LA because, well, that's what this blog is about.

I'm still here. Despite my wandering eye. Despite having had brief, sometimes torrid, affairs with various other cities in the last year, there is a part of me that wants to make this city home. That feels right calling this city home.

This poem by the founder of Tuesday Night Project captures something of the feeling I get about LA. The love I have for this city would not be as penetrating or complex as it is without the people I've encountered in it. True for any city? Perhaps. But the poem isn't about any city. It's about LA. So there.

Will I still be a resident of even LA County in ten years? Five? Even one year? I honestly don't know, but a part of me is pleased by the possibility.

1 comment:

  1. thanks gyrl, i just saw the notice on my dashboard..how cool. and LA counts its county, and loves you too ;)

    ReplyDelete