Thursday, March 13, 2008

Three Nights at Lost Souls

March has been insane and I haven't been able to go cafe-ing as I usually do during the week, but I guess I stocked up during the last week of February, when I went to Lost Souls three times.

Sunday, February 24th: Talking Drum (Open Mic Night)

There was an eclectic mix of singers and poets starting at around 7:30PM. There was a good energy to the crowd, and though there was definitely a sense of there being an "in crowd" of regulars as there always is at open mics, the atmosphere still seemed very friendly to newcomers.

Tuesday, February 26th: Touzie Tuesdays

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the DJ playing fun 50s (?) music while holding her adorable baby, but here is the infamous Nicanor: musician, barista, artist, and all-around friendly guy. He sat and shot the breeze with me about life and art and travel. He created that painting on the wall on the right.

Wednesday, February 27th: Hobo Soup


My most memorable Hobo Soup quote came from a song that went "there's more to life than eating a rice cake, you skinny bitch." I can't wait to go back next month to hear the eclectic mix of folk performers.

I have no idea when I'll finally be able to saunter over to Lost Souls Cafe again, but I am hoping that it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment